Saturday, June 2, 2012

Help me help others! Let's make a difference!

Hey guys! Another slightly abnormal post for me, but hear me out.





I have found the inspiration to re-live a moment from my past. When I was in 7th grade, I put together a drive for the homeless. I collected food, clothes, shoes, and personal care items that we donated to Joy Junction. I don't necessarily want to take it that far this time, but I want to get together some things to make some personal hygiene kits.

There are so many people out there who can't afford a roof over their head, food to eat, clothes for their kids, or really anything at all. As broke as I am, I have always been fortunate enough to figure it out somehow. With help from my family, I have always been able to keep my head above water. There are a lot of people out there that don't have that luxury, and I think we need to step up as a community and help them out.

I am organizing a donation drive to get together the items needed to put together some personal hygiene kits. Of all measures of need, that's a very easy thing to fix. I am asking everyone to pass this around, generate some interest and get people involved.

All I'm asking is to give what you can... travel sized bottles of shampoo, body wash, mouthwash, and bars of soap. Toothpaste, toothbrushes, hairbrushes and combs, deodorant, tampons/pads, socks, disposable razors, blankets, and anything else you think might be useful to someone who calls the streets their home.

You can bring the items to me at my home (address is listed below), or if you are unable to bring them to me, you can send me your address and let me know when the items will be available for pick up and I will come get them from you.

If you would like to make a monetary donation, you may do so by check or through PayPal (you can use a credit card or bank account through PayPal). Any amount helps. $1, $5, $10, $20. Whatever you can afford!


You have my word that EVERY PENNY raised for this drive will go towards building these personal care kits. 


You can mail checks to:

Melanie Bennett
12001 B Stilwell Dr
Albuquerque, NM 87112

You can send PayPal payments to:
lanie917@gmail.com

If you have any questions, PLEASE feel free to get a hold of me. I will be happy to assist in any way I can. You can post comments/questions here, or you can call me at 401-9990.

Please help me help others! Pass this on, share on Facebook or Twitter, email to your friends and family and let's get the word out. I want to make this an epic event! Thank you for being my friends and for assisting me in making this world a better place.


No comments:

Post a Comment